Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning I will be flying to Germany for a couple of days and then on to Nigeria for another Great Gospel Crusade. I was blessed to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family on Monday, and now I am looking forward to the next glorious harvest. In a few days hundreds of thousands of new names will be written in the Lamb's Book of Life...that is something to rejoice about!

I noticed this year that many businesses were advertising today as "Turkey Day." The fist time I noticed this, it was on the sign for a business that said "Happy Turkey Day." I must admit I was a bit incensed. "How dare they try to remove the giving of thankfulness to God and replace it with a tribute to turkey!" Then in the midst of my righteous steaming it suddenly struck me...how often have I been more interested in the food and the friends and the football and forgotten to remember the faithfulness of God and give thanks to Him myself.

Ephesians 5:19, 20 says, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Today as every day, let us make it a point to remember the Lord and cultivate a heart of thanksgiving "For His mercy endures forever!"

My love to each of you and your families today. I am thankful for all of you! Please remember me in your prayers as I go into the harvest fields once again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!

No comments: